Monday, November 22, 2010

Chocolate being Chocolate


Its been a while since I updated ya’ll or even put up any pictures, so I thought I’d cliff notes the last few weeks.
With our time in China winding down we have been trying to knock off activities in our area that we wanted to get done while here. I’ve even gone all Morgan Freeman on this bitch and made a Shanghai Bucket List for the last month. We’ll see how much I get done, hopefully most of it.

But so far, since coming back from Beijing, we’ve been to top of the Oriental Peal tower, took an “acid trip” of a ride under the Huangpu river, went to a tea market in a park for a sweet free tasting, watched 3 Bears wins at Bubbas, hung out at a jazz bar talking the future of jazz with 50 year old jazz dudes from the states till like 5 am, found a Japanese dive bar that only serves types of Japanese whiskey called Souju, got a whole mess of pants made for me at a fabric market for hella cheap (including a Wisconsin red pair of gameday pants, and my first pair of corduroys since I was real little (seriously imagine my big ass in corduroys…but I actually think they look good though..i think)), and hit up the usual clubs and bars around town. With much, much more to be done in the coming weeks.
Flans’ parents came this past week too and it was real good to see them, it has probably been almost 7 years. Elliott’s family came in also, including his auntie, cousin and sister. They truly made Shanghai their bitch as I have never seen people buy so many items in a two-day shopping spree than they did. Almost every inch of their hotel bedroom was covered in fake-market swag. It was like Christmas day times 10. They even bought new, matching Luis Vuitton suitcases to take all their gear home with them. That’s what happens when our two Spellman College girls, Charae and Chelsea bargain with the Chinese vendors for you. It was unreal. More power to em though.

Since it’s been a slower couple weeks relatively, and we only have so much time left in China, I thought I’d share with you guys who exactly I’ve been dealing with since being over here. With permission from Elliott at the beginning of the semester, I have chronicled over the course of 3 months all the stereotypical black things that he has done while in China (he was set to record all the New Guy things that I have done, but I think I’m in the clear as he really hasn’t updated his blog for a month now. Thank God).
It’s now every day that these China people see people of African- American decent, and Elliott didn’t let them down. Sure… he may look like Bubbles from the Wire when he doesn’t pick his hair out and he may have had his Auntie bring him a liter of Louisiana Hot Sauce, two big ass bags of Flaming Hot Cheetos, and Jalapeño Krunchers from Chicago for his consumption in the next month here, and he may have eaten all the fried chicken China has to offer, but he has hilarious intentions and he has been the Chocolate to my Peanut Butter on this trip (the nicknames that I proposed early on have actually stuck and no homo).


This weekend should be real cool. We go on a weekend trip with all our friends to Nanjing (about 4 hours away from here) and hit up the hot springs over there. It will be real good to get away for the weekend. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving out in the US of A. I’ll really miss it over here, but sure as hell have a lot to be thankful for. Wisco continues to roll and I will for sure be going to the bowl game (wherever it may be..ROSE BOWL??), but if anyone wants to road-trip from Chicago let me know soon thru email. I’m jonesin to tailgate a Wisco football game.
Peace, love, and Thanksgiving turkey grease from China,
倪安德



Fonzworth Bentley called, he wants his umbrella back

This Mo-Fo brought his own hot sauce and Egg McMuffin to a bar 



Too Easy

Blackout at McDonalds eating Fried Chicken


Hide Yo Kids Hide Yo Wife...Cause they raping errbody out here


RIP Louisiana Hot Sauce- Put to rest on the Great Wall of China


No comments:

Post a Comment